Volunteer with Your Family, Friends, and Community!
Pitch in to beautify your park! Spend some helping us plant and seed native wildflowers and grasses; clean out winter plant debris from our prairies; clean up litter throughout the park; mulch around park trees; and paint benches and fences!
We’ll bring the supplies (gloves, tools, and some refreshments), just bring yourself, a reusable water bottle, and maybe a friend to get your hands dirty!
Registration required. Please email Aaron to RSVP.
- Dtae: TBD – postponed due to Coronavirus
- Meeting Location: Laughter Gazebo – 2551 N Stockton Dr, Chicago
- Time: 10am to Noon
- Getting There: North Pond is 1 mile from both the Diversey and Fullerton El stations.
- Buses: 76 Diversey bus will drop you off at the Nature Museum or the Lakeview & Diversey intersection, both a short walk from the event.
- The 134, 143, 151, and 156 buses all stop less then a block away along Stockton Drive at Wrightwood and Roslyn.
Can’t make it or want to give more? Consider donating to help us cover the costs of Earth Day! The plants, refreshments, tools, and general supplies make Earth Day our biggest and most exciting event, but it also comes at a cost to the Conservancy.
- $100 buys refreshments for half of our participants!
- $50 buys 1 flat of wildflowers, and we usually buy several dozen.
- $30 buys a can of paint and brushes to paint benches.
- $10 buys a box of contractor grade garbage bags that we can use several times for park cleanups.